About this course
Do you ever browse the internet wondering how your favorite websites were built? Facebook, Twitter, Amazon—they were all created by people who at one point in time didn’t know anything about coding. How did they obtain this knowledge?
In this comprehensive course, I’m going to show you everything you need to know so that you can follow in these people’s footsteps.
Duration: 3 months
Days: Mondays – Fridays
Time: 9am – 12pm
Next class starts: January 7th, 2019
Flexible Payments: N50,000 per month
- There are no skill prerequisites for this course although it’s helpful if you are familiar with operating your computer and using the internet.
- You can take this course using a Mac, PC or Linux machine.
- It is recommended that you download Notepad++ text editor.
- Web Designers who Want to Learn To Code
- Traditional Programmers who Want to Learn Web Development
- People who Want to Develop Mobile Web Sites
- Students who want Practical Development Skills
- Web Masters who Need to Improve Development Skills
- Volunteers who Manage a Site for a Church or Non Profit
- Teachers who Want to Introduce Web Development to Their Classes
- Those Considering a Career in Web Development
Get the skills to work with both back-end and front-end technologies as a web developer. You'll develop a solid foundation for working with servers and host configurations, performing database integrations, and troubleshooting front-end development issues.
Programming Foundations: Fundamentals
Web Development Foundations
Do you want to become a web developer? Learn about the skills and tools you need to get a job as a front-end and back-end developer.
HTML Essential Training
Learn how to write HTML, the programming language that powers the web.
CSS Essential Training
Explore the concepts that form the foundation of CSS, including selecting content, how the box model defines the spacing and sizing of page elements, styling text, and managing basic layouts.
CSS Essential Training 2
Explore advanced CSS concepts, including how to work with advanced selectors, when to use the float, display, and position properties, and how to use the CSS browser developer tools.
CSS Essential Training
Learn about advanced CSS concepts that can help you further enhance your websites. Explore new layout options, CSS animation, developing for accessibility, and how Retina displays affect web graphics.
Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP
Learn how to install and configure Apache, MySQL, and PHP, known collectively as the AMP stack, on a local development computer. Windows, macOS, and Linux scenarios are each covered.
Introduction to PHP
Start programming in PHP. Learn what PHP is and how it integrates with HTML, and the major features of the PHP language.
Learn the fundamentals of PHP, a popular programming language that you can use to create dynamic web pages.
PHP with MySQL Essentials
Learn how to build dynamic, data-driven webpages using PHP with MySQL.
PHP with MySQL Essential: Build a CMS
Strengthen your PHP and MySQL skills by building a robust content management system with secure user authentication.
Programming Foundations: Web Security
Learn about the most important security concerns when developing websites, and what you can do to keep your servers, software, and data safe from harm.