About this course
This Networking Essentials course provides an introduction to the computer hardware and software skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) professionals.
The curriculum covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software as well as advanced concepts such as security and networking.
In this course you, along with the instructor, will take a look at the following in depth:
- Protocols and the magic of protocols, in particular, TCP/IP.
- Working with name-resolution.
- IP address allocation.
- Active Directory.
Duration: 3 months
Days: Monday – Friday
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Next class starts: January 8th, 2019
Flexible Payments: N50,000 per month
- The Students should have some basic knowledge about the most important concepts of networking (e.g., protocols, Active Directory and troubleshooting).
- This course is meant for those looking to get started with complexities of Networking.
- This course may not be for those who are already Networking Professionals.
Gain the essential knowledge and skills required to configure, troubleshoot, manage and protect a data network. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software as well as advanced concepts such as security and networking.
Week One - Network Basics
Week Two - Elements of a Network
Week Three - TCP/IP Basics
Week Four - Commonly Used IP Network Protocols
Week Five - Windows Networking Tools
Week Six - Windows Control Panel
Week Seven - Windows Practical Hands on Excersises
Week Eight - Active Directory
Week Nine - Troubleshooting
Week Ten - Advanced Troubleshooting
Week Eleven - Field
Networking Essentials - Course Closing